You should have received your child's report card earlier this week. As you review your child's skills, I know it can be the "below benchmark" grades that tend to catch your attention first. However, when reviewing these scores with your child, please view them as a celebration of how far he/she has come since the first day of Kindergarten! Every child in class has made great gains since the beginning of the year, and deserves to be recognized for his/her achievements first and foremost! I certainly do encourage you to use the report card as an identifier of some skills that your child could use a little extra practice with as well. Just keep in mind that there is still plenty of room to grow in the next semester of Kindergarten, so do not be discouraged if you find a skill that has not been mastered yet. My recommendation is to look for additional ways to review any of these skills with your Kindergartner at home, to give him/her a little extra support in addition to what we will also be doing at school.
You can look to the “Kindergarten Skills” tab on our blog for additional activities that will reinforce the skills we’ve worked on at school. Here you can also find the complete list of skills that we will be introducing and mastering up until the end of the year.
Making homework a priority every night will help keep your child on pace with our new and old skills. Reading every day will also make a big impact on your child as he/she is developing many beginning reading skills/habits. As always, please contact me with any questions, comments or concerns you may have specific to your child. I am always happy to help any way that I can!
Making homework a priority every night will help keep your child on pace with our new and old skills. Reading every day will also make a big impact on your child as he/she is developing many beginning reading skills/habits. As always, please contact me with any questions, comments or concerns you may have specific to your child. I am always happy to help any way that I can!

No comments:
Post a Comment