Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Welcome Kindergartners!!



With the start of August, we know that school is right around the corner. Back to school will be here before we know it, and with it will come a whole new year of excitement in Mrs. Brown's Kindergarten Class. I would like to extend a warm welcome to all of my new students and families!!

Each family should find the Medford Area Public School District's handbook arriving in the mail. It containins important dates, procedures and district policies for you to browse. You will also find your class list, open house times, and school materials list within this booklet. Check your mailboxes soon to find your own welcome letter from Mrs. Brown!

I look forward to meeting each family and student at one of our open house presentations (dates and times listed below) where I will be going over more important information for the upcoming school year. You will have the chance to complete forms for the school year, pay into your family's lunch account, and ask me any questions you may have. Please choose one open house session to attend. Childcare will be available for children during the Aug. 28th presentation times. Following the presentations, there will be time for your Kindergartner to see our classroom, bring in school supplies, find his/her locker, and meet new your new teacher and friends!

Important Dates to Note:
Tuesday, Aug. 28 - Open House presentations at 4:00 & 4:45
Tuesday, Sept. 4 - Alternative Open House presentations at 10:00 & 1:00
Wednesday, Sept. 5 - First Day of school for Kindergartners

Meanwhile, please browse our classroom blog, which we will be using as our classroom's website. Here, I will be posting weekly entries with our activities throughout the school year. Our blog is also intended to be a helpful resource for upcoming events, Kindergarten skills, online games, links and family resources. I hope it will help provide you and your child with a connection to school from the convenience of home.

I'm looking forward to seeing you at open house. Let's get ready for a great year in Kindergarten!

No comments:

Post a Comment